Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 3 - Pregnancy records

Day 3 - Pregnancy records

Its been a pretty emotional day.

We had a specialist scan today at the hospital. We went in knowing absolutely ziltch about what the ‘irregularity’ was that we were in there to sort out. No one had told us anything, so although we were feeling positive about the whole thing, it was starting to wear on us a bit.

The appointment started off with being ushered into this tiny ‘interview’ room, which really should have had the label ‘Bad News Room’ stuck firmly on the door because it just reeks of doom and gloom. You can tell its not a place you want to be. I immediately got teary, I was starting to stress out about this whole thing.
The doctor came in to see us and ask a few questions and explained what they were going to look at. Turns out that the last scan picked up a rather ‘prominent gallbladder’ (which they kind of mentioned then because they looked at it for ages) and also something wrong with the skull formation (which they hadn’t mentioned!)

We then went into the ultrasound room and got going, the doctor double checked all the measurements of the baby, had a good look at the skull which turned out to be fine and then started looking at this ‘gallbladder’ thing.

They are now fairly sure it isn’t a gallbladder they are looking at, but a sort of cyst. They think. They are going to be getting a few other people to look at the pictures and see what they think. It could be something they need to operate on to remove once the baby is born, however they just don’t know. Hopefully we will know more in the next week or two.

Oh and for the record… the baby is still Mystery Meat. The dr had a good look and ‘couldn’t see any boy parts’ but couldn’t see any girl parts because the cord was in the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I freaking hate ultrasounds. I swear, the next time around I want to just skip them and hope for the best.

I hope everything is okay with whatever's going on in there, but I have heard of those cysts before. I think they're common (not that that makes it better, just...maybe a little less scary?)

Megan said...

I don't know what to say other than I'm really sorry you have to be put through such worry, and I am hoping everything is alright.

I don't know anything about the cysts, but I do know that modern medicine is AMAZING, and I bet everything will be fine.

Also, I can't believe after all that, you STILL didn't get to find out the gender. Stubborn child just wants you guys to be surprised, I guess!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails