My nephew Josh died 5 years ago, to the day yesterday.
I can't even begin to describe the grief I still feel over this loss.
I'm sad my son never got to meet the man he was named after and the only memory he will have of him is a carved dragon headstone.
I want write about the sadness I feel. The sadness I feel about my family and for my family. But I really can't. Not only because this really isnt the place for it, that what I think and say really means nothing but also because if I do I will break to bits again. And I can't afford to.
so instead I'm just going to think about watching my beautiful son toddle around in his shiny new gumboots, getting all wet in the dew soaked grass and grinning like a mischievous ratbag as he picked at flowers left at his namesake's grave.
No comments:
Post a Comment