Monday, November 8, 2010

monday musings

01: I am so obviously grown out of the Glassons clothing stage. Nothing fits. Its like it was all designed for skinny wee beanpoles that have no hips or stomachs. Even the stuff which is meant to be 'loose fitting' or whatever are icky.

02: Pet Hate: I hate hate hate people that correct spelling or grammar in books. Like Seriously hate.
Pet hate.
The only people I hate more is those that put in long winded comments in PEN in the footers about how the information is wrong.  Get a life. (Psst! The picture is from the book is Lipstick Jihad btw).

03: My favourite words ever are 'nostalgia', 'noir' and 'oubliette'.

04: After looking at my last love list...I may, in fact, be a closet goth.  Troy has said it for years.

05: I'm getting super excited about Christmas this year. ZJ will almost be old enough to hype up about it and I'm really looking forward ot buying presents. Its been years since I've felt this way. Ontop of that I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather that comes with it.

4 comments:

Big Life Little Country said...

OMG So agree with the correcting of spelling! It's even worse when they're wrong. I also hate when people initial the cover of the book to say they've read it...like books only come in one cover...or like a library only has one copy of it.. GRRr hahahaha

Elly said...

Ha, I'm not a fan of grammar/spelling fixes in books either. Sometimes its fine without them, and I wonder if the author MEANT to have written with the error . . . people should just leave well enough alone, I think.

Kate said...

Kinuk - Totally the initials are also on my hate list. Drives me nuts when i actually see people doing it. I saw a librarian (at St Heliers.. who shall remain nameless) doing it once and i almost died.

Elly - Exactly. One of the places there was a correction in that book was obviously meant to be just the way it was. Drives me nuts!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that called defaceing public property or something?? Nasty anyway. And then there was the Library book that someone had used (Ithink from the shape of the mark and the smell) a banana skin as a bookmark! Eeeewwww

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails