I wanted to love this colour. I really really really truly did. Yellow tends to always make me happy and I had high hopes for this one. The application was so so, I dunno if it wa sa slightly different formula to the other BYS colours I've used so far, if my nails are jsut becoming too crap after repeated coatings of crap or whether I was just doing a crap job that day but it didnt seem as easy as previous times.
The colour really needed at least 2 coats to even really look like the lovely yellow the bottle promises, 3-4 would of been better. It also kinda had a bit of sparkle to it which I'm not sure I like and I think I prefer it now, after 6 days of wear and tear, chipped t buggery because the sparkle is less noticeable. The lady from the shop next door said it kinda reminded her of Karitane yellow, which is not really a compliment as 'karitane yellow' is the colour of poop from formula fed babies.
At least, I can't imagine that being a compliment.
Maybe being teamed with a purple or orangy red would set it off well.
All in all, 3/5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment